«QUINOLONE ANTIBIOTICS TOXICITY. July 2005 QUINOLONE ANTIBIOTICS TOXICITY Have you planned to take a quinolone antibiotic (cipro, levaquin, Do you ...»
QUINOLONE ANTIBIOTICS TOXICITY. July 2005
Have you planned to take a
quinolone antibiotic (cipro, levaquin, Do you suspect that you are having
tequin, levofloxacin) and want to an adverse reaction to a quinolone
avoid permanent and long-term antibiotic?
Do you want to know why some Do you want to know more about this people take a lot of quinolones and type of toxic antibiotic that causes assure that they worked fine for extensive damage to everybody?
Do you want to know why the FDA Do you think that reactions to drugs has had to admit in October 2004 are characteristic to certain persons that quinolones may cause and that you will be safe taking irreversible neurological damage, quinolones because you have never only after thousands of reports of had any reaction or allergy before? evidence and 20 years of consumer and citizen struggle?
Then, perhaps you might consider The paper is a technical summary reading this non-medical research that condenses the victims’ stories of paper. It has been written by a group powerless struggle to overcome of formerly healthy and young permanent, deep and irreversible athletes with no known allergies or damages that stressed their careers intolerance to any drug, that suffered and family relationships to the limit, devastating adverse health effects and changed their lives forever.
caused by the toxicity of quinolones.
1/82 QUINOLONE ANTIBIOTICS TOXICITY. July 2005
QUINOLONE ANTIBIOTICS TOXICITY
A SUMMARY OF CLOSELY FOLLOWED CASESDamage and disorders caused by quinolone antibiotics (cipro, levaquin, tequin and others).
[QUINOLONES ARE A CLASS OF ANTIBIOTICS THAT ARE VERY TOXIC
FOR TENDONS, CARTILAGES, THE NERVOUS SYSTEM AND OTHER ORGANS]
This article consists of the description of the adverse toxic effects caused by the fluoroquinolone class of antibiotics, on previously healthy people. Many of thoses lesions are irreversible and permanent in nature. In addition, the article contains data obtained from many individual experiences, as well as information that comes from reputed medical sources available to the public. This article does not contain medical advice or professional statements on its own.
We recommend that you consult with your Doctor before starting any exercise, dietary or supplement program. Any information and products obtained from and or given from this web site/organization should not be taken as medical advice for any reason. The information is not intended to replace advice given by your Doctor. No claim or opinion is intended to serve as, nor should it be construed to be, medical advice. The information and products in this article are not intended to diagnose, treat or cure any disease and not a guide for self-diagnosis and/or treatment. We do not accept responsibility for the use or misuse of the information and products.
When reproducing passages of books or published interviews we do not aim to get any profit of it but provide readers with a reliable source of information that they have to complete referring to the official editors or owners, that are always mentioned.
Primarily T. Boomer, who has no professional medical background, has prepared the article and it is based on many personal experiences. The author of this study has no interest of any kind in any commercial activity, benefit or product related with the topic.
© 2003-2005 T. Boomer. All information contained within this web site, and particularly of this report is copyright by the author (2003-2005) unless otherwise noted. No part of this report, save brief notes used as reference, can be reproduced or transmitted in any way without prior written permission.
The paper can be printed and copied for personal use only, providing there is no a commercial interest on the reproduction.
Comments are welcome at: email@example.com
NOT TREATED IN THIS PAPER:
MENTAL ALTERATIONS CAUSED BY QUINOLONE ANTIBIOTICS
PART I: INTRODUCTION
2. QUINOLONE FIRST FACTS
3. WHAT CAN I EXPECT FROM TAKING A QUINOLONE ANTIBIOTIC
4. WHO WILL BENEFIT FROM THIS REPORT
5. WHY HAS THIS REPORT BEEN WRITTEN
6. HOW HAS THIS REPORT BEEN WRITTEN
7. THE RULES OF THE THUMB ON ANTIBIOTICS
PART II: TOXICITY OF QUINOLONE ANTIBIOTICS
8. QUINOLONE ANTIBIOTICS
9. THE WAY QUINOLONES ARE INVENTED
10. TOXICITY OF QUINOLONE ANTIBIOTICS
11. WHAT ELSE SHOULD BE INCLUDED IN THE PACKAGE INSERT?
12. REAL RATES OF ADVERSE REACTIONS
13. WHAT ABOUT THOSE PEOPLE THAT DO NOT SUFFER ADVERSE REACTIONS?
PART III: SYMPTOMS OF BEING INTOXICATED BY QUINOLONES
14. ARE YOU POISONED BY A QUINOLONE ANTIBIOTIC?
15. SOME MEDICAL TERMS AND INFORMATION
16. WHAT KIND OF DAMAGE DO QUINOLONE ANTIBIOTICS CAUSE?
17. HINTS AND CLUES THAT MIGHT SAVE YOUR LIFE
18. WHAT ARE THE MAIN SYMPTOMS OF BEING POISONED BY A QUINOLONE?
19. TYPICAL ADVERSE REACTION LIST OF A QUINOLONE ANTIBIOTIC
PART IV: EVOLUTION OF RECOVERY
20. IF YOU SUFFER AN ALLERGIC REACTION
21. EXPECTED EVOLUTION FOR A SEVERE REACTION
22. EXPECTED EVOLUTION FOR AN INTERMEDIATE REACTION
23. EXPECTED EVOLUTION FOR A MILD REACTION
24. WHICH KIND OF ADVERSE REACTION TO QUINOLONE ANTIBIOTICS ARE YOU SUFFERING FROM?
25. WHAT ARE YOUR CHANCES OF RECOVERY?
PART V: VASCULAR DAMAGE
26. THE VASCULAR CONNECTION
27. VASCULITIC RASHES
PART VI: NEUROLOGICAL DAMAGE
28. NEUROLOGICAL IMPLICATIONS
29. PERIPHERAL NEUROPATHY
30. AUTONOMIC NEUROPATHY
31. WHAT ABOUT THOSE ANNOYING CRAMPS AND TWITCHING
PART VII: EXTENSIVE DAMAGE
32. TOXICITY GUARANTEED
33. IMPAIRED HEALING IN THE FLOXED BODIES
34. AVOID ANY PHYSICAL TRAUMA
PART VIII: MUSCULAR PAINS
35. PAIN LEVELS
36. CONSTANT PAIN ALL OVER. MYALGIAS
PART IX: SPECIFIC LESIONS
37. CENTRAL NERVOUS SYSTEM EFFECTS
38. VISION ISSUES
39. QUINOLONES AND DAMAGE TO THE HEART
40. QUINOLONES AND GENETIC TOXICITY
41. QUINOLONES AND DAMAGE TO THE DIGESTIVE SYSTEM
42. QUINOLONES AND DAMAGE TO THE KIDNEYS
43. QUINOLONES AND DAMAGE TO THE PANCREAS
44. QUINOLONES AND DAMAGE TO THE LIVER
45. QUINOLONES AND THE LIVER P450 ENZYME PATHWAY
46. OTHER DISORDERS YOU MIGHT EXPERIENCE
47. MIXED CONDITIONS
PART X: CAN THIS REALLY BE HAPPENING TO ME?
48. THE PSYCHOLOGICAL ASPECT IN SEVERE REACTIONS
49. IT IS ALL IN YOUR HEAD
50. THE TRUE BIOLOGICAL DAMAGE TO YOUR BRAIN
51. SOME REFLECTIONS TWO YEARS POST FLOXING
52. A LETTER AT THREE YEARS OUT
PART XI: YOUR DOCTORS
53. THE MAIN QUESTIONS REMAIN UNANSWERED
54. WHY DOES THE MEDICAL CLASS IGNORE THE TOXICITY OF QUINOLONES
55. SHOULD I REPORT MY REACTION
56. THE SYSTEM IS AGAINST THE PATIENTS
PART XII: THE ROLE OF THE FOOD AND DRUG ADMINISTRATION
57. THE IMMORALITY AND INSANITY OF THE DRUG MANUFACTURERS AND THE FDA
58. THEY CONTINUE TO LET THE DAMAGE OCCUR
59. THE REAL COST OF A CIPRO PILL
PART XIII: I NEED A DIAGNOSIS
60. DIFFERENTIAL DIAGNOSIS
61. MAY I HAVE A PROPER DIAGNOSIS?
PART XIV: OTHER ANTIBIOTICS
62. I NEED TO TAKE AN ANTIBIOTIC. WHAT SHOULD I TAKE?
63. AVOID RE-EXPOSURE TO QUINOLONES
PART XV: IS THERE ANY THING THAT HELPS?
64. ADEQUATE EATING AND HABITS
65. DRUGS THAT HELP
66. RECOMMENDED SUPPLEMENTS
67. PHYSICAL THERAPIES
PART XVI: THE END OF ANY ATHLETE’S CAREER
69. FOR ATHLETES ONLY
70. QUINOLONES AND SPORT ARE NOT COMPATIBLE
71. WATCH OUT FOR NEW PROBLEMS. YOUR BODY IS NOT THE SAME
72. THE ANKLES: AN EXAMPLE OF TENDONS SEVERELY HIT BY QUINOLONES
73. CLASSIFICATION CRITERIA FOR THE LOWER LEG
74. MUSCULAR DYSFUNCTION: A TREACHEROUS SEQUELAE
75. TREAT YOUR SELF FAIRLY
PART XVII: REFERENCES
Real damage of the mental functions The quinolone and fluoroquinolone antibiotics act very hard on the central nervous system, causing very frequently a vast number of brain lesions and dysfunctions that cause mental alterations, and psychiatric states that can be debilitationg and life altering both for the patient and the persons close to him/her. The present version of this paper does not deal with those serious events.
Unfortunately, by leaving apart the psycological toxicity of the quinolones, the scope of this paper misses at least half of the toxic profile of this class of antibiotics. In some passages of the report certain mentions to them are made but they are not discused in detail.
Among the most common injuries of this kind are the following (all of them listed in the package insert of a typical quinolone):
depersonalization, depression paranoia, toxic psychosis, unresponsiveness, phobia restlessness, nervousness, dizziness, agitation, confusion, delirium, depression nightmares, hallucinations, manic reaction, irritability, anxiety, lethargy convulsive seizures, pannic attacks, suicidal behaviour lightheadedness, vertigo, insomnia Some persons have acquired very long lasting mental injuries after a single pill of levaquin, floxin, ciprofloxacin and other quinolones, not to mention the countless cases of tragic events caused by altered behaviours after the ingestion of quinolones, nearly all of which are blamed on to something else by the medical class.
Sooner or later, people affected by severe quinolone reactions are sent by their doctors to the psychiatrist. In many cases, these pyschiatrists give the patient wrong diagnoses. The most common is paranoid delirium, by which the victim of the intoxication by quinolones sees symptoms and houses worries about the lesions suffered that only exist in his/her mind, simply because the phychiatrist firmly believes that an antibiotic cannot cause those long lasting arrythmias, insomnia, joint pains, need of a walking aid or wheelchair, vision problems and all the rest of health problems that you will learn through this paper.
In Part X you can find a little information on the most common pschyatric diagnoses for people suffering a quinolone reaction by their doctors.
1. INTRODUCTION Tens of thousands of people are damaged by quinolone (Cipro, Levaquin, Floxin, Noroxin, etc.) antibiotics each year, yet nearly all those damaged remain undiagnosed or misdiagnosed. Some are diagnosed as having fibromyalgia, multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid diseases, myositis, diverse heart problems or neuropathies of every kind. Thousands of people become severely crippled for years, or even permanently, after taking a quinolone antibiotic for minor infections.
Quinolone antibiotics are toxic from the very first milligram of ingestion. The effects of quinolone antibiotics are cumulative. Each person has a unique threshold of tolerance for the quinolones that once surpassed releases symptoms corresponding to various disorders, with long-lasting and potentially permanent damage. People are exposed to quinolones through taking them as a drug prescription or through food (chemically treated poultry and cattle).